The Whau Community Arts Broker is calling for proposals for the creative use of vacant retail space in the Whau.
The Whau is looking for projects with a creative emphasis which:
• Bring life to the Whau,
• Are accessible, visible, and increase sense of community,
• Engage with and reflect the diverse population of the area.
If your project is supported the Whau Community Arts Broker will work with you to identify a suitable property and negotiate a license for it.
Limited funding is available to cover utilities, building OpEx charges, Public Liability Insurance and promotion.
This call is open to all art forms from music and literature to dance, theatre, performance, visual and applied arts and urban design.
How to apply:
Send an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
- A short description of the event, activity or activation. (No more than 1 page)
- A indication of the proposed duration of the project (this could be between one day, a weekend or a month)
- An explanation of how the activities connect to the Whau area. (This could be that one or more of the initiators are Whau residents, the work responds to a site or history of the Whau area, and/or the project arises out of or works with an arts or community organisation based in the Whau area.)
- An indication of your anticipated audience (Who are you targeting this work at and why?)
- A summary of the anticipated cost of the project and in what ways you plan to fund it.
- A brief bio for the key people outlining their professional experience (include links to websites or online documentation of previous projects)
- Contact Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
Priority will be given to proposals that come from Whau residents, and projects which will commence before June 2015.